Races

Started by White Fang, February 28, 2007, 10:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Fang

Is work ever going to resume on balancing out the races? From what I've seen on Turbo, almost everyone uses Wolf, and if they're in the top five, they most certainly are. Obviously, the current setup is not at all promoting diversity.

Peace Alliance

Wolf Snare

everyones a copy cat. Before a select few of us started using wolf, everyone was still stuck on marten. same difference though; I want indys powered up so they can at the very least compete with leader capabilities.
1. Fire Bringer (#22)
1. Jaturungkabart (#12)
1. Estranged (#50)
1. Fierce Deity (#17) 
1. bored... (#98)
1. Versace (#24)
1. Noah Calhoun (#10)
1. Day Old Hate (#7)
1. The Grand Optimist (#12)
1. Beast Mode (#7)

Alazar is Back

yeah that would be fun, then i could switch strats every round, also you should power up a race for farming!
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Gen. Volkov

I'll still be using Marten if and when I start playing again, and I will still kick all your butts. LOL. Goldmine FTW!
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 11, 2007, 04:15:20 AM
I'll still be using Marten if and when I start playing again, and I will still kick all your butts. LOL. Goldmine FTW!

id like you to come back and show me just how good you are  :wink:

Gen. Volkov

Meh, alright then, but only for as long as spring break lasts.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on March 11, 2007, 07:22:41 PM
Meh, alright then, but only for as long as spring break lasts.

how long is that??

Gen. Volkov

Alazar is Back

ok, that will work :-P, im sure you;ll catch up to me if your given that long.... :roll: hehe

Gen. Volkov

We'll see, it's really less than that if my father and I go out of town like we are planning too.

zack harmon

i hope you do come back. but on the subject of races i would like to see a new race that is even on everything. not i mean real powerful but so it can be somthing everybody can choose and can do any strat with it.
I've seen three Barbarians rush into 400  enemies unarmed and i have seen some crazy people to.

windhound

we have one.  its name is "Painted One"  it only has a slight offence boost and little neg on food...  or rat even
most people have some idea what strat they'll run when they sign up

and honestly, while its helpful to have % in the right places, you can play any strat with any of the races...  I've been using Fox more often than not, and while it has -15% offence and defence I dont really notice = P
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

zack harmon

i know but what im saying is the game is not even. the leader strat is all powerful comared to the other strats. you cant really stand a chance against someone if you are using the leader stratagy to get food and money. the game stratagy needs to be made even so people  can stand a chance against other people using the leader strat.
I've seen three Barbarians rush into 400  enemies unarmed and i have seen some crazy people to.

Peace Alliance

right, evening out the races has been my priority for some time. I have a general setup right now that could do it but it just needs to be implemented.

and making all the races even would even out the game... but it would also make things pretty boring too. There's no reason we couldn't form a whole bunch of races that are all good at different things and all good with different strategies that all work evenly in the end.