USA about to declare war.

Started by Ereptor, March 17, 2003, 01:35:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JestahMunkee

NO war is a good war.
I won't say that I don't think some people should be stopped, or that any good can come from wars, but really, when your teaches said 'violence is not the answer' what do you think they ment? US sure has a lot of double-standards.
We all know(or I /hope/ know) that NK and Iraq have missles. I'd figure that NK will strike us, no matter what, right now Saddam isn't the biggest problem.
When we bombed Afaganastan and freed it's people, how many of you /knew/ that Afaganistan was /severly/ repressive, that it /was/ rubble already and that this had been going on /for quite some time/. The Iraqi thing is not about it's people, Bush, or the puppeter behind Bush, who ever is really in power, are just trying to justify going after Saddam in a relentless manner.
Saddam is cruel, but he's no madman, and he's not an idiot or a coward. He's not afraid to fight for what he wants, and he knows what he's doing. The US might win the land, we might kill Saddam, but we won't win the war.
NK is gonna hurt us, real bad if we don't do something. Terrorists /will/ attack. People, US citizens, will die.

And to claify, I wouldn't mind planeing the white house, throwing riot bombs at the pentigon or starting a sit-in a big company. I don't believe anyone in those places are 'innocent'. The one difrence between me and the terrorists; I might, they will. I want change, they want death. And they don't care who, as long as the mutt-blood of the Americas is in their veins.

But..any death is just as bad as a million deaths. I don't think, that anyone who died in a war, in a terror attack, or from testing of substances on them, or even 'ethnic cleansing' would want this war. Maybe revenge..but ah...

I have even contradicted myself...all I know is that a while ago I stopped pleging my allgence to this nation's goverment long ago. I don't think I can stand in it's honor anymore either. What that flag is turning to stand for is makeing me sick.
Take nothing from this rant...but that. Im a walking contradiction. The only thing I can say is true, forever, is that what my goverment is thinking about doing is makeing me sick. Scratch that..what my goverment //is// doing is makeing me sick.

And everyday Bush makes the 6 simple words harder to look to. "At Least We Didn't Get Tipper"

and before you flame me..or whatever you claim to be doing, I hope your heatedly typeing with your own opinons, formed by hours/weeks/months/years of learning and seeing with the 'patriot' goggles clear from your head....mine change from now and then, but rarely, but do your best to respect other's views, you'll find it get's you farther than haveing the sub-woofer hooked up to you.
~from the gallie you probably didn't know was a gallie with 'Lick me' in bold on her sig~
*Scree!*
*Lick Meee~!*
--I am not the muffin pope!--

Ereptor

In a perfect world any death is bad.  in an imperfect world we have to go with the greater good.  We value our way of life because we are not under a tyrants control.  Other humans should have the same rights we have.  The iraqi people might get that chance.  Saddam is a man that is evil and has taken advantage of a realigion and a people with a dictorship.  A dictatorship that must not be allowed to prevale.  To do this we must do it by force.  Voilence used in everyday life with everyday people is one thing.  But a dictor that has invaded countries in the past and has used nerve gas on his own people is someone that needs to go.  He is one track minded.  Bush gave him 48 hours to leave.  Does Bush or anyone with any knowledge of this situation think that Saddam would leave?  No of course not.  This guy cannot be dealt with by diplomacy.  He must be taken out.  This is in our best and the worlds best interest.  He has attacked before and he will not back down now.
The Dark Lord
Warrior since the First Era
Emperor of the Dark Ages
Leader of TBV, TOL, ROME and Mordor
Win with class, lose with class, always respect your opponet.
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Shytalon

Heh... other than the almost-terrorism, I'll refute one point... because I'm too lazy to do more. I have two papers to type, tonight, still.

Violence does solve things. In fact, it solves almost anything. Unfortunately, not always in a civil and umane manner, but the conflict is usually solved.

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Holby

Here we go, Holby getting all serious. *Gasp* No, that wasn't supposed to be funny.
I have nothing to offer to this discussion, but would just like to mention several things...

I have little knowledge on this subject. It feaures big in the news, but I don't follow it as strongly as everyone here seems to. Coverage, I guess would be much stronger in the USA. I felt it important for some reason to note my lack of information.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion on this topic. Those that post who are misinformed should be corrected without anger on anyone's behalf.

Replies should be made without ignoring information presented by others.
Accusations of spam (Hmm, wonder who I'm talking about here, Ereptor?) don't help anybody. If you've got a problem, PM an admin.

My opinion on the coming war in Iraq? I can't give one, simply because of how little I know about the situation. The Australian Prime Minister has supported Bush, but there are arguments all over Australia for and against the war. With so much information presented here, and in the media, it's very misleading.
I've decided just to leave it at that for the time being.
I will not deleted this

TSR

I must dryly remark that that was by far, by far, the wisest comment so far in this topic. Go Holby!

baransarn

Personally, I dont know about the rest of you guys. But I live near Turkey Point in Florida and it is a possible target with the war that is going on. If it is struck, I or anyone else could get sick with the radiation and the wind. I personally and mostly anyone in my school that cares is worried but not that worried. Does anyone else live near possible targets for Sadam or bin Laden? :(  
Baransarn, WarLord of Peskiness
Pesselus Mach in RPG's
"There was a squirell named Pesselus,
who weighed less than all of us.
He was really fast
And was known now and the past
There was a squirell name Pessulus
who weighed less than all of us!"

Ereptor

Seventeen Iraqis surrendered to American troops on the Iraqi-Kuwaiti border on Wednesday.

Looks like the front lines are not to eager to fight.  But i forsee a bloody battle that will happen once we get deeper into iraq.  

ok holby point taken.  but you are making yourself look just as bad.  why couldn't you have pm me with that message instead of the way you did it.  your choice.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

Duke

I live in rochester NY and we are one of there main targets
I am a great Dwarven Warrior

- The great Blue Dragon

-Thorn Destructor Great dwarven Hero

Holby

Quote from: Ereptorok holby point taken.  but you are making yourself look just as bad.  why couldn't you have pm me with that message instead of the way you did it.  your choice.
Why couldn't /you/ have just PMed about it, instead of the way you did it? Your choice.
I will not deleted this

Ereptor

U.S. Marine Chopper Down in Kuwait; First Coalition Casualties Reported

Thursday, March 20, 2003

WASHINGTON ? A U.S. Marine helicopter carrying 12 British and 4 U.S. soldiers crashed in Kuwait, killing everyone on board, the Pentagon said.

This is sad.  But no one said war was going to be easy.
The Dark Lord
Emperor of the Dark Ages
*Walks Out Of Shadow*

~>John<~

To Jestah: I'm so infuriated by your incredibly STUPID post [yes, I know, but it was] that i'm going to go pound on a wall a bit, as it was so bad it doesnt deserve a response....LEAVE THE US NOW
Heark! For the City of God comes before us!
And so he asked, "How is a man to judge in such times as these?" and he was answered, "As he always has judged, for good and evil have not changed and the differences are as great as they have ever been."

Former Emperor

Former Member of Rome

Deathclaw

8,000 surrendered. Southern oil fields captured.

The U.S. has confirmed reports of citizens of Iraq seeing Hussien being carried out on a gurney (sp).

In response to anyone living near possible targets, I'm an hour from Houston, a possible target.
Glory, Glory, Man United!

Shytalon

Tell me John, why exactly is it stupid?

~Shy, Myuh!
"Like a song,
Out of tune and out of time,
All I needed was a rhyme for you.
C'est la vie."
~C'est la vie, Emerson, Lake, and Palmer

~Assisstant to RFF, Rubinsky's Renegades (#15)

Ruatine

*bumps*

After a year in Iraq, do you think it was worth the lives we spent?

*ponders* I haven't fully made up my mind....
"Courage is the price that Life exacts for granting peace, The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things." - A. Earhart

Sebulba

Pros:  
-A country liberated from a dictator's rule
-A step in the right direction towards prodding terrorists

Cons:
-Loss of life
-Cost the US quite a bit of cash that coulda been spent elsewhere..

I donno..  I mean, it's great that the evil dicator is gone and that people arnt being massacred in masse for no real reason,
then again, there are many countries still like that.. does that mean the US needs to step in there too?  
you cant please everyone..  
windhound, warlord of Sebulba
user posted image
user posted image