Quit
5 (35.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 07, 2010, 04:43:49 AM

Alazar is Back

Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 06:07:38 AM
Didn't you already quit? ^_^
Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 06:30:22 AM
Anyway, am I really your only motivation for playing here now?
Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 11:13:45 AM
So wait,

you refuse to play reg, and you play turbo only to get at me... so if I stop playing turbo, you will either quit entirely or join reg to get at me?

I see no loss there besides a few rounds out of the loop.

See you in reg or not at all I guess.
First off he clearly stated that he was quitting REG, not turbo. How the [haties] is that not baiting? He can't play nice. He flexs his mod muscle and gags him. Then when Sevs is ungagged he tries to start crap with him again...This is Ridiculous. Honestly Shadow, show that you are mature, I know you are and just leave the guy alone. Had you said and done some of the same things to me I would probably have done the same thing. Eventually you just get fed up with everything that you don't care anymore. My god kid grow a pair and admit that you are wrong when you are wrong.

-EDIT- That's outrightly offensive. Please be more civil. I would very much appreciate YOU to grow up in your interactions with people you don't agree with. And please don't exhaust the filters, I promised them a day off.

Holby, modding.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Holby

I will not deleted this

Alazar is Back

duck gag me then. What about looking at your beloved Gorak or Shadow? They use the darn filters often enough. Not a duck thing is said to them. I am about done with this place and all of its hypocrisy. Honestly this is ridiculous. I am sticking up for Sevz, because I think it's right. So duck off.
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

Daryn

Seriously...I believe Sevz can actually dominate the game solo. Anyways, I agree with Alazar. All Shadow is doing is baiting Sevz into fight. Why don't you just have two super emps, one with Sevz as the emp and Shadow as the other? You can only send aid, but can't attack, so then let them fight it out for the 'king.'
Pies.

Holby

Alazar,
The filter is not why I warned you. It was your offensive post, demanding Shadow "grow a pair". You know fully well this is not appropriate. I wouldn't have mentioned the filter otherwise. Yes, you are right, most people to use it do not receive any kind of response, but then, they're not flaming other forum members either. This is your last chance. Either change the way you post, or you will be gagged.
Holby, modding
I will not deleted this

Gen. Volkov

QuoteAnyways, I agree with Alazar. All Shadow is doing is baiting Sevz into fight.

Really? Cause all I see is Shadow acting pretty much exactly the same as he always has. The only difference is that Sevz has such a gigantic ego, he can't let anything Shadow says go. If I had done the same thing Sevz did, and Shadow had called me on it, I might have gotten into an argument over it, but most likely I would have said: "Yep, I guess that is hypocritical of me, you got me Shadow", and moved on. Even if I had argued my case, I would not have insulted Shadow. Even if Shadow is "baiting" Sevz, which I don't really see, Sevz is still liable for whatever he says on the forums, and if he can't be civil about it, he should be gagged. So can we now please all shut up about it? This has gone on far too long.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Sticker334 says(Peace Alliance): OMG! HOBOES

Daryn

Quote from: Gen. Volkov on February 02, 2010, 07:44:00 PM
If that's "baiting", then I must have baited dozens of forum members.

But you can't gag members when they respond negatively, can you? :wink:
Pies.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteBut you can't gag members when they respond negatively, can you?

You can if they are insulting or personally attacking other forum members. I can be an utter jerk when I want to be, but I'm not going to break the forum rules in order to it.
It is said that when Rincewind dies the occult ability of the entire human race will go up by a fraction. -Terry Pratchett

cloud says: I'm pretty sure I'm immune to everything that I can be immune to...brb snorting anthrax.

Daryn

So you have abilities to gag people? Or no?

I thought this game was about competition.
Pies.

Gen. Volkov

QuoteSo you have abilities to gag people? Or no?

Me? No. I'm not a mod, but if someone was acting towards me as I had described, they would be gagged by a member of the staff. The same way I would be if I acted like I had described towards another member.

QuoteI thought this game was about competition.

What is that supposed to mean? Of course it's about competition, but that doesn't give people the right to insult each other on the forums, in violation of forum rules.

windhound

Quote from: Daryn on February 02, 2010, 09:13:20 PM
So you have abilities to gag people? Or no?
O.o
I dont understand why people are having issues with who's a what lately.  
If in doubt, the forum tells you.  If it says Global Moderator or Administrator below their name then they have special powers.  The latter greater than the former.  If not, they got squat.  

Anyways, banter has always been a part of the game.  
The mods are allowed to participate in it.  If you dont like banter, the "reply" button is optional.  You dont have to participate.  
It seems more and more common lately that what starts as a moderately harmless back and forth degenerates into atleast one side namecalling and pulling out the personal attacks.  This is weakness on their part, please understand.  Getting defensive is not necessary unless there's a weak spot to protect.  

...also, one of the guests (prolly a spider) was viewing an older topic that caught my eye.  funny timing
Quote from: kell on July 02, 2008, 01:05:11 PM
ally you can't knock anybodies playing ability, lets face it your nearly always in a clan riding on shades or snares coat tails

Edit:  ...On topic, I'd like to see you pull off a solo win Sevz.  Quit gabbin' off and prove somthing ^_^
That, or play passive.  That'd be hilarious and I suspect it wouldnt last long.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Sevz

Lots of valid points here.
Volkov is right. I have a massive ego
Alazar is right. Shadow needs to grow a pair and see why i have this ego
Windy is right, banter is fine.
Shadow is wrong. .

and edit
~~~~~~~~~~~
what's with you all sayin Alazar is under my coat tail? I haven't spoke to him in about a month. Do you all realize how good he is solo at another game we play? You gotta stop thinking he needs people. He runs the game with his mates or he's inactive from boredom. Playing solo, He would give Volkov a run for his money leaders or indy. Unbiased. Alazar is potentially a permanent top 3 player here.
Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Peace Alliance

Sevs doesn't get special treatment.

Sevz

Quote from: windhound on March 31, 2012, 05:10:16 PM
Coding out holes in the game is the best way to do things. 
Relying an the admins to patrol is a) time consuming for the admins in question b) unreliable c) only invites conflict
There is no conflict or "I didn't know any better!" excuses with a coded in rule.

Pippin

Quote from: Alazar is Back on February 02, 2010, 08:06:14 PM
Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 06:07:38 AM
Didn't you already quit? ^_^
Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 06:30:22 AM
Anyway, am I really your only motivation for playing here now?
Quote from: Shadow on February 02, 2010, 11:13:45 AM
So wait,

you refuse to play reg, and you play turbo only to get at me... so if I stop playing turbo, you will either quit entirely or join reg to get at me?

I see no loss there besides a few rounds out of the loop.

See you in reg or not at all I guess.
First off he clearly stated that he was quitting REG, not turbo. How the [haties] is that not baiting? He can't play nice. He flexs his mod muscle and gags him. Then when Sevs is ungagged he tries to start crap with him again...This is Ridiculous. Honestly Shadow, show that you are mature, I know you are and just leave the guy alone. Had you said and done some of the same things to me I would probably have done the same thing. Eventually you just get fed up with everything that you don't care anymore. My god kid grow a pair and admit that you are wrong when you are wrong.

-EDIT- That's outrightly offensive. Please be more civil. I would very much appreciate YOU to grow up in your interactions with people you don't agree with. And please don't exhaust the filters, I promised them a day off.

Holby, modding.

haha, this is pure comedy.
1. Mike Oxlong (#14)
$16,999,999,999 with 275,000 Acres
3. AL CAPONE (#23)
$887,873,381 with 14,939 Acres
3. wrecking balls (#9)
$801,398,171 with 32,301 Acres
1. Nazgul (#5)
$1,503,190,327 with 201,952 Acres