Code Department

Started by The Lady Shael, September 08, 2006, 11:15:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

windhound

bring down blackbird or 'hack' any files outside /rwl and you'll get tarred, feathered, strung up with a noose then shot

other than that I dont really care.  this assumes that you'll provide an explanation of the flaw (unrequired but nice would be a suggustion for a patch)
multis should still get you disabled, assuming the auto-disable is functioning.  I guess I'll talk to the others and see if it should be opened up for now

unless ofcourse I'm overruled, but these are my thoughts. 
be kind to blackbird.  OS reinstalls are not my idea of fun.
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Devari

Just a tip - I'm fairly sure that the "immortality bug" is due to a problem with the land gained by the defender during a failed attack. The land, if memory serves, does not properly go into the defender's free land, but is added to the defender's land total. This creates a situation where more land is reported than actually exists, preventing the account from "dying".

Just going on memory, I never actually fixed that one on Ragnarok. But I'm fairly sure that is the problem.

White Fang

Okay, the "you'll run out of food in x turns" seriously needs fixing. First it said I would run out of food in 32 turns; 20 turns later, it said I would run out in 4. Of course, it didn't effect me this time, but this type of miscalcution has made me lose lots of leaders in the past.

Peace Alliance

Thats probably because you produced more troops during those turns. I think the calculation is based on your current troops, not troops you make in the future too.

White Fang

Nope, I gained no troops OR leaders during that time.

Peace Alliance

Okey, well as always when you find a problem like this either report it in the bugs section (including a full description of the problem) or report it to one of the admins via e mail or PM or in game message.

thanky

Shadow

Your Leaders tremble at your attack on such a strong opponent. Many desert!
Missions: Success
Your Leaders battle it out with Gladius Ignis's...

this is the message i get when using the "create attack opportunity" attack
it also does not do anything, he is still maxxed

whats wrong?
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

Ruddertail

You have the ratio to actually execute the mission, but not enough to succeed against me. There's a bug in reporting, it shows it as a success because it was executed, but doesn't take into account the fact that it failed.

Or to summarize - PWN't. :P
Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

Peace Alliance

ya, but i think the spell has more wrong with it. I know i've tried an open op on him too and it has failed even when i FAR exceed his ratio and amount of leaders.

originally when i designed the spell i said it should work like espionage. But i can espionage people yet fail an attack op right now, so i don't think thats how retto programmed it.

Alazar is Back

this leader business is so confusing.......a few bugs that need to be worked out also
Turbo Highest Rank:Co-Emperor with Wolf Snare, Emperor

One of the most underrated players at RWL..

windhound

the problem is that the code looks at your ratio, and if its good enough it spits out that the spell worked..
/but/ after that it checks if your ratio is better than x*your enemy's ratio, where x is some set number.  if so, it does the attack.  if not it just kinda ends, afterall it already said you succeeded

leaders are not all that confusing really
A Goldfish has an attention span of 3 seconds...  so do I
~ In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded ~
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't

Shadow

i have no idea what you just said, but many people have tried to open attack op, i even tried on some guy i knew it would work on, and it failed, or said it succeeded but didnt actually open an attack opp. there is something wrong with the spell. the way it trails off...

leaves you hanging
<=holbs-.. ..-holbs=> <=holbs-..

taekwondokid42

Quote from: White Fang on October 23, 2006, 08:54:05 PM
Okay, the "you'll run out of food in x turns" seriously needs fixing. First it said I would run out of food in 32 turns; 20 turns later, it said I would run out in 4. Of course, it didn't effect me this time, but this type of miscalcution has made me lose lots of leaders in the past.

If you were building buildings, it does not take into account the fact that you will be spending money on making biuldings. When I tried to start indying with 40mil cash, that happened to me.

Ruddertail

He's talking about food, not cash. You don't "spend" food while building, it's only your upkeep.

Kyle says:
"what happens if the land farm drops land"

Quote from: Ungatt Trunn II (@ Kilk) on June 12, 2011, 06:16:11 PM
Sober up you fool!

23   ?   Land Farm (Free Land) (#39)   20,779   $23,671,428   Worship   Rat   Southsward

idunno

But its still the same principal.